Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Simple Steak Marinade




What you need:

Steaks (I used London Broil, but a roast can work too)
1 TBSP Mustard (any old yellow will do)
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Tsp Minced Garlic
1 Tsp Wine (Red, White, whatever you've got) Apple vinegar will do if needed
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper

How to do it:

Mix everything together and generously coat the meat.
Broil, grill or pan sear to your liking.
I had a 2.8 lb steak that I broiled at 475* for an hour

Why it's good:

First off, they had london broil at my grocery store buy one get one free, so here I am with 4 lbs of steak and no recipe or idea what to do with them. It was 4:30pm and I had a hungry husband to feed so slow cooking was out of the question. I tenderized the meat for about 10 minutes with the nifty little device below. if you don't have one GET ONE!




Then whipped up the marinade, quartered some red potatoes threw in some sweet onion and in the oven it went. The steak literally fell apart on my fork. The mustard/ garlic combo is succulent and savory. It was an odd combination in the bowl but hey, it's all I had in the fridge. 2 thumbs up from the husband who, loved the onion and potato side dish that had absorbed all the drippings. YUMMY! Mangia Tutto!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was delicious, Lauren. Tried it tonight. The mustard is something I would never of used but WOW!

Katie said...

My Mom used to make a German entree with tenderized beef cutlets and mustard as a major flavor. I think it was called roulade or rouladen? Basicaly flattened beef cutlets that are spread with mustared and the other seasonings and then rolled into logs and baked. They were pretty tasty!